Monday, December 31, 2012

December Should Be Donation Month Worldwide!

I've been working on some awesome stuff, I was even given a large commission to create some items for two children! Wool and acrylic products with fun colors. I took some photos of them, and I will post them under here. Making tons of things for other people is definitely an entertaining way to do something independent on weekends.

Are you looking for something to do with your expansive(let's just say overflowing) excess yarn? Have you considered looking up a local "Prayer Shawl Ministry?" If not please do so. Your yarn could go towards making a sick person feel just a bit better. One skein of worsted yarn could become a nice, large cowl or shawl.

Speaking shawls...a shawl can be a triangular, rectangular or a very large square.  So if you're a granny square maker, consider stringing your squares and popping the shawls in an emergency room, or giving a local hospital some items to give new mothers-- just consider it is all I'm saying.

I have recently become a part of a prayer shawl ministry, and though it is not my home church, I am very appreciative that they let me join them in their mission. They pray over them with their pastor, then send them out.

If you don't want to join churches in their outreach, how about finding a group(they call themselves a coven) of witches that wish to also bless and deliver blankets/shawls to the needy? Or volunteering at a homeless shelter?

I know it sounds weird, but I feel very much that my life has a purpose despite my unemployment right now...because I can give my time and my energy towards a group that is doing some good in this neighborhood. My local area...where it is needed the most.

No review this month, I just wanted to bring up the amazing work being done in Woodbridge,VA. From the local shelters keeping the homeless fed and able to get around town(on the bus system,but still, that's an accomplishment compared to other well off areas that have tent cities), to giving prayers and shawls to those recovering from illness or fighting it.

I hope and pray one day homelessness will be a thing of the past, and poverty will be looked at with the proper viewpoint--as something the community needs to eradicate one family, one meal, one home at a time.


End of Year Remarks


I can't believe it! I made it a full year...I blogged for a full year, guys! I might do a giveaway in January for actually making it 52 weeks and keeping my schedule to the blog. :) Here's to another year. And here's to more of you reading, enjoying this blog and just making my day with your e-mails!

If you have questions or want anything I have made, I would be more then happy to show you how it is done, or just give some tips!


Total donations this year? 2.00!
Yup! Enough for a skein of yarn, and I'm very grateful for that. Thank you for all you do, even just reading this page means alot to me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment